In response to a previous post making asinine accusations against my “Five Star” facility.
1. Why would you enroll your child into a program without having a complete understanding of the curriculum?
2. In my absence, I have a qualified assistant director and office assistant on site at all times.
3. The accusation about the lesson plans being one year old is totally absurd. Lesson plans are put up each Friday for Monday of the following week.
4. If her child didn’t learn anything or never brought any work home why didn’t she withdraw from the program?
5. Why would my daughter run people away from the program? This is how we eat and support our children.
6. The type of car that I drive and have always driven is not her concern.
7. The State’s monitoring visits are unannounced and without warning.
8. Our parents are always informed and encouraged to participate. They enrich our program.
9. Parents are required to sign form in receipt of handbook.
10. We have a perfect score of 7 in the education component of our star rated license. (SMH)
“No Weapons Formed Against Us Shall Prosper”
Pamela Powell, MA
- submitted by a
December 11, 2013
When I enrolled here everything was perfect. I called one day, filled out the application the next day and my child started 2 days after. When I asked about the curriculum the director was never available. I never saw lesson plans posted in the classroom and when I did they were from the previous year! Seems like nobody is held accountable and my child doesn't learn anything there. My child never brought artwork or anything home. It made me question what they did all day. The directors daughter is horrible! She is very immature and will run people away because she can get away with it. The director is never there and when she is she drives a Mercedes G wagon. Seems questionable to me. When the state came they were there working all day and night. Everything was perfect then when the state left nothing new or fun was done anymore. I had to sign a lot of papers before the state came. They are so fake here. Something is going on because they are always so private and don't inform the parents of anything and didn't give me a parent handbook. They say people are qualified here but they are NOT. Ask about their degrees. Stay away from this place!
Our mission is to inspire and support families to champion their children's education - at
school, at home and in their community. We are a national non-profit with offices and programs
in Oakland, Milwaukee, Washington D.C. and Indianapolis.