In violation of California state law as seen in inspection report 11/2015:
Our children attended this school for 2 years. Front office staff were never helpful or friendly but that wasn't a huge issue just not pleasant given we had to deal with them every day. Core issue was the safety.
1. This is not an accredited school.
2. They are in violation with social services office in past few months because 8 out of 10 or 12 teachers didn't have proper degrees, credits so they were not allowed to be working in a daycare facility. This was plastered on their front door to notify all parents and prospective parents. Note that these teachers have been there since 2012 so they have been in violation for a while.
3. In the two years we were there there wasn't 1 fire drill. When I notified them that this was in violation they finally did one but this is still out of code.
4. Background checks were not performed on the teachers and assistants (who change frequently without any notification) to our knowledge and when asked they were not able to supply them. A little concerning given you leave your children there. Unclear if they do background checks on the workmen, cleaners that come into the school during school hours. There is construction going on to build another room. This appears to have since been fixed but unclear if it will continue given history.
5. They lost our immunization forms twice while we attended so organization is not their strong suit.
6. Infant room not well organized. They left our son sleeping on the floor where you could step on him because they didn't want to move him (he fell asleep there so I can only imagine that they were also ignoring him). Our new school told us that was in violation of California state law to leave an infant sleeping on the floor. They also put children to sleep on their tummies - another violation.
Having said that, the teachers were generally good. Some better than others. In the end safety is important and after a long time at this school and now having my kids In a well run school with very loving teachers and directors I would recommend putting your name down at another school.
There is a reason why this is the only school in Irvine with openings....
I am impressed by the Spectrum Montessori teachers are so supportive and helpful. They are phenomenon in both education as wells as relationship with kids. This is the great school for kid's education start. I wanted to recognize Ms.Janet for her work with the toddler program. My daughter just joined the school two months. I have noticed big improvements in her physical, verbal and social skills. Ms. Janet has cherished my daughter, helping her to find her confidence. One month ago, my daughter refused to go to school, but Now she loves to go to school everyday. She is happy and enjoy the daily activities. Also,I often receive my daughter's lovely pictures that took by teachers during school time. Then I will have idea about my daughter's activity performance. The staff is exceptionally trained, organized. The environment is safe, warm and caring. Overall, a great preschool!